I'm Katie Allen
I’m a proud Canadian with a wild case of wanderlust calling Australia home! I'm a body positivity & self love guru, self care expert, and am super passionate about leaving this world better than I found it.
Hooked on: smoothies, walks on the beach, yoga & essential oils. I've been kicking it since 1987 and am only just getting started! Read on for the rest.
I wasn't always passionate about teaching women to love themselves and create the health they deserve... in fact, just a few years ago you could have found me sitting at home afraid to be seen, crying myself to sleep, stuck in a place of low self esteem, unworthiness, and self loathing. I thought losing weight was the golden ticket, but it seems happiness doesn't exist in a number on a scale.
At the age of 27, I bought a plane ticket for a solo adventure around Australia and New Zealand. Little did I know, that trip would be the beginning of a complete change of my life, my identity, and my destiny. That single decision led me to move around the world, start a new career showing women how to embrace who they are, love their bodies, and create a life I'd previously only dreamt of. Today you can find me at home doing yoga and being snuggled by my pup or heading down to the beach for some relaxation.
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT THE GIRL WHO WOULD GET IN A FIST FIGHT WITH A SCHOOLYARD BULLY IN THIRD GRADE TO STICK UP FOR HERSELF AND HER FRIENDS WOULD BECOME A SELF LOVE CHAMPION SOMEDAY.
Right now I’m probably sipping tea or enjoying a smoothie and dreaming of ways I can help women embrace their bodies, love themselves, upgrade their health and create the life of their dreams. Either that or yoga...
Ya wanna know what lights me up? Making women realize and celebrate their worthiness and feel connected... because sometimes this journey of learning to love yourself and accept your body gets freaking lonely. If I can be that person in your life that teaches you how to love yourself while the rest of the world is bombarding you with all the reasons you're not good enough... then I’ll consider my mission complete.
10 things you might not know about me!
1. I'm named after a boat and my real first name is Kathleen!
2. I love cooking and experimenting with plant-based food of all types #yummm
3. In my 20's I won a private safari to Tanzania! That trip of a lifetime ignited my wanderlust big time.
4. I am a proud Canadian through
and through, but I'm cold all the
freaking time... #iamcanadian
5. My fur baby Archie is a complete goof
and loves to cuddle even though he's
"technically" not allowed on the bed ;)
6. I was enrolled in french immersion
until I was 16, but now putting a french
sentence together is near impossible...
7. My favourite movie is Love Actually.
I've seen it so many times,
but I cry Every. Single. Time.
8. I have a daily (or at least most days) at home yoga practice and I don't know how I'd keep my sanity without it!
9. My favorite color is that turquoise/green/blue colour of the water when the sun hits it in just the right way
10. I have a LOVE of education and just can't stop learning... This means I'm always reading a personal development book, listening to podcasts, and am currently a certified Health Coach, Life Coach, Transformational Coach, and Mastery Coach!